So I decided to make this post a project that I recently came up with, when I wasn’t sure how I was going to decorate for two separate parties. Plus, I really need to get on my game with writing posts more frequently!
A couple of weeks ago, I had a MK Valentine’s Party at my house with some of my favorite women! We tested new MK products, had drinks, and apps. I was trying to come up with something quick and easy for decor, and decided to create a “Be Mine” banner. I didn’t want to spend a dime on decor because I wanted it to go towards the food (you know me and my love for food), so I decided to use what I had in my craft room…and I truly did! Normally, I would not stick to this and if you know me, you know this is true.
What I did:
1. Found some paper bags leftover from my wedding.
2. Found some scrapbook paper from ages ago.
3. Glued the paper to the paper bags.
4. Painted chipboard letters with ink (chalk or pigment ink is best).
4. Punched holes in the top of the paper bags.
5. Put inexpensive yarn through the holes…and VOILA!
Here is another banner that I made for a wedding shower! This time I tore out book pages from an ancient book (these were also used at my wedding). I used some Vintage Photo Distress Ink (by Tim Holtz) and some embellishments. I used chipboard letters as well–painted these with chalk ink (by rubbing the whole ink pad straight over the letters). The frame shown in the picture is similar technique with their initials. 🙂